Leisure cyclists can enjoy the 80-kilometre cycle way from Malles to Merano/Meran that runs gently along the River Etsch down the Via Claudia Augusta. Mountain bikers and downhillers will prefer the slopes on either side of the river, with well-marked trails of all degrees of difficulty running through valleys and forests up to pastures and high mountains. Road bikers can tackle the many mountain roads: the Stilfersjoch pass road, with its 48 bends, is particularly popular and each year the Stilfserjoch Bike Day at the end of August sees the road closed to motor traffic.
Reasons for cycling in the Val Venosta
- The cycling season in the Val Venosta runs from (very) early spring to (very) late autumn.
- Routes range in altitude from 200 to 3,000 metres.
- There are tours for every type of cyclist: leisure cyclists, mountain bikers, road bikers, E-bikers, downhillers.
- Services for cyclists in the Val Venosta include bike-friendly accommodation, guided tours, bike shuttles, lift facilities, shops, refreshment stations and places to rest along the way.
- Mor than 300 sunny days a year.